
Here I am...from the city that never sleeps to small town Illinois. Like most people I meet here you must be thinking, "Are you crazy?" (however I do get the occasional, "Where is your New York accent?"). I am however, very stable minded and chose to move here with my boyfriend when long distance became too difficult. He has lived in LA, San Fran and Chicago but chose to relocate to his hometown when he decided to go back to school. He was a country boy born and raised, and loves the simplicity and calmness life provides here. After many conversations, planning, re-evaluating my life and everything working out job-wise with me...it was a go.
Now simplicity and calmness is not really something I was used to in the big city, however I strived for it in every high priced yoga class I took or the attempt to learn about different wine varietals at wine night with my girlfriends every month. My middle name is 'Go, Go, Go' and 9-5 is only half a day for me. My best friend would say that I looked for things to just make my life more hectic. I also love fashion, make up and am a product whore...however I can get down and dirty if need be ( I was a self-proclaimed tomboy circa 1987-1992..with pigtails and cute shoes).
This should be quite an adventure for me. Did I mention I live 20 miles from an enormous hog plant? (Seriously) `There is actually a lot to do here if you make an effort, hiking trails, rivers to kayak, beautiful scenery for my long runs and bike rides and I am prepared to take on that journey. It's not a spiritual retreat in India or traveling Thailand to find myself, but I must say there is something calming about seeing the sunset over yonder (tee hee) and actually being able to see the stars in the sky at night while taking a long walk with my boyfriend.
Now simplicity and calmness is not really something I was used to in the big city, however I strived for it in every high priced yoga class I took or the attempt to learn about different wine varietals at wine night with my girlfriends every month. My middle name is 'Go, Go, Go' and 9-5 is only half a day for me. My best friend would say that I looked for things to just make my life more hectic. I also love fashion, make up and am a product whore...however I can get down and dirty if need be ( I was a self-proclaimed tomboy circa 1987-1992..with pigtails and cute shoes).
This should be quite an adventure for me. Did I mention I live 20 miles from an enormous hog plant? (Seriously) `There is actually a lot to do here if you make an effort, hiking trails, rivers to kayak, beautiful scenery for my long runs and bike rides and I am prepared to take on that journey. It's not a spiritual retreat in India or traveling Thailand to find myself, but I must say there is something calming about seeing the sunset over yonder (tee hee) and actually being able to see the stars in the sky at night while taking a long walk with my boyfriend.
No comments:
Post a Comment