Sunday, May 23, 2010

6 Months Later...Winter recap

I am still surviving! Took a hiatis over the winter/spring and have plenty to share. Where to begin! I will say one thing about midwest winters..don't attempt to drive in 8 inches or more snow storms! I thought I could drive 2 hours through a winter storm to get to a meeting for work. In NYC, no one ever understood taking a snow day...the subways were underground and not so badly effected, running slow? yes, but still running. Even when you got to work late due to the blizzard, there were still those people there before you and the guilt would set in. Could I have gotten here earlier even though I fell 4 times from my apartment to the corner of my street? Then again down the subway steps? And then have to wait for the third train because the previous two were too full for me to fit into?


But here we all have cars. I hear 8 inches? I think no problem, this is awesome. No falling, no waiting. Piece of cake. Needless to say I made it 10 miles out of town, hit a huge white mound (looked like a white shopping bag, but actually solid ice) and blew out my tire. Oh, and I was the only car on the highway...me and 2 other semi's.


Lesson learned.


The best part...there is always someone who you can call and they will come and help. It isn't a burden to nice midwestern folk. They actually are offended if they find out you didn't call them for help. I was ready to sit there for 3 hours and wait for roadside assistance. BF's dad left work and was there in 10 minutes, changed my tire and sent me on my way, making me call him when I got home. All together now..awwww :)

No comments:

Post a Comment